Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Day off yesterday


There was a general strike yesterday, and although I could have taken the boys to school and let them play in the garderie, I decided to keep them home with me. Fortunately the weather cleared in the afternoon, and we pumped up the boys' new football (a WILSON!) took a little walk past the 10th-century church around the corner, and played in the park nearby.

What is interesting is that the park borders on a river, and there is a large wooded enclosure that has at least one large male deer living in it... the boys were excited to discover this new place to play. Just across the road is another park, with a big fishpond, and more climbing equipment, so there are in fact lots of places where they can get out of the house and have some fun.

Today I'm going to run some errands, and then head out to Tervuren, where a British woman has some furniture to sell (including a couple of beds and a large armoire) that should pretty much set us up completely. Maggie's parents arrive in another few days and it would be nice to have the place fully equipped in advance of their visit. This afternoon I have some time to myself and will do some singing and some audition requests, to keep my momentum rolling, and maybe do a little bicycle shopping. Without a car, a good bike makes a big difference.

Maggie's birthday is early next week and we'll be celebrating it here on Saturday evening with a cocktail and nibblies party. I think we'll have room for everyone; I certainly hope so!

No comments: