It started snowing heavily on Sunday afternoon, and we wasted no time in getting suited up and getting out into it. Duncan was committed to snow angels, and didn't even wait to find grass, opting for a parking lot instead; he has a talent for getting really grimy but we'll forgive his exuberance in this case.
Of course the requisite snowball fights happened...
Dinner was a beef stew with cherry preserves (fantastically good on a cold day) and some of the new beaujolais wine, which was just released this week; very cheap (between EUR 1,90 and 2,80) light and refreshing stuff.
Malcolm had very little homework to do this weekend as he had a triple success at school and had little to catch up on. He received 10/10 on his weekly multiplication test, 10/10 on addition/subtraction of four-digit numbers, and his most recent mini-report card on comportement for the last couple of weeks, which shows essentially all tres biens and one bravo. I guess he's on a roll...
It's cold here today but very clear, which is nice. Duncan was a bit sick early this morning, I hope he makes it through the day without feeling ill. He seems to get sick so often; Malcolm was the same when younger, but now he seems to never catch anything.
I'm doing well, singing today, getting ready for some more auditions, sending out email requests to the opera companies and following up by telephone. There are also lots of different concerts and operas that I want to see, not only because I love the music but to case out the competition. I'm looking around for places to do some concert work locally, and I want to see exactly what I'm up against.
No comments:
Post a Comment