Monday, 15 December 2008

getting ready for Christmas


Here we are at the bus stop on the way to the Christmas spectacle at the Maison Communale this past weekend. There was a nice magic show...


... and a visit from Santa Claus...


...and then Malcolm and I went out and found a Christmas tree, brought it home and set it up in the corner near our dining room table...


...and decorated it. The Christmas cards are hanging out on a string, the tree is set up, we've received the stockings in the mail from our tenants in Toronto, so that's most of what we need to get ready for the 25th of December. I've bought quite a few presents already, and the boys are getting theirs arranged for Maggie and I.


This afternoon I'm doing some coaching and then I audition later this week, so I hope that goes well.

It's been a party weekend for sure. We had Kiana and Bryan over for a Belgian style dinner of roast pheasant, and then Maggie and went to the St. John's International School Christmas dinner, which was held in a beautiful hotel in Waterloo. Later that night, we joined two Canadian Christmas parties by internet: the Zadow family party (at my Aunt and Uncle's in Mississauga) and Bruce's annual Christmas party in our neighborhood, so we aren't feeling too much out of the loop over here.

We hope your Christmas preparations are proceeding well... only 10 days to go...

No comments: