The holiday is just winding down. Malcolm's bag has been packed since this morning for his week of school in the Ardennes; Maggie has done a fair bit of sewing but is finishing up some marking for tomorrow, and planning her week, and Duncan has been particularly affectionate with his brother as he knows that Malcolm leaves in the morning...
In fact the timing is pretty good. Duncan has only one day of school tomorrow, and then he's heading in for his tonsilectomy/adenectomy early on Tuesday morning. I've already laid in a good stock of bandes desinées and DVDs, and tomorrow I'll go get some puddings, applesauce, ice cream, that sort of thing to help him recuperate. He will be home for the remainder of the week, so I bet he will have just gotten used to being the little king when Malcolm gets home on Friday afternoon.
I got hit with one whopper of an achy, fatigue-ridden flu mid-week, but apart from a persistent sniffle seem to be pretty much over it, so I hope this week to come is one of further recovery. Fortunately Duncan has dodged that bullet, thanks in part no doubt to my persistent hand-washing, and I think the vitamins he's been taking for the last two weeks haven't hurt.
For those of you who remember last year and the (ahem) creative letters that Malcolm sent home during his trip, we are feeling a lot more comfortable about Nettine this year. He's grown up a lot, made friends, been to summer camp since then, and enjoyed himself, and I'm not really worried about it... I suppose if he is a real traditionalist he might try to scare us with a baleful letter, but I'm sure it would be purely for the fun of it, and I don't think he'll forget to write "just kidding" this time. At least I hope he won't forget.
We'll see, won't we? Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment