I mentioned earlier that some more job offers had emerged from my last two concerts; these have been confirmed. The first is the BL!INDMAN Kwadratur#1: Globus concert in Amsterdam in May. This is the first concert in the cycle; I started with the ensemble on the second one, so I'm interested to try out the repertoire of the first.
The second gig is the Bach Cantata BWV 208, commonly called the "Hunting" Cantata, and it will be presented in Antwerp in October by the Flanders Baroque Academie. This cantata will share the programme with the Brandenburg concerto, and performances by an ensemble of hunting horns, which will play outside the church to call us all in for the concert, then play again at the halfway mark. Cantata 208 is most famous for the soprano aria "Sheep may safely graze" but there's lots for me to do also: a recit, two arias and an ensemble: sounds like a lot of fun! Plus I get to sing the part of Pan, so it's bound to be a kick. (If you're interested in more details, the 2010 performance schedule page is here.)
I'm just packing up again for the Canada trip; this will be a short visit but I already have a full slate of performances and some auditions already scheduled, so I'll be busy for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment