Friday, 27 October 2017

Rehearsing for a remount of the Luther Mass / Duncan to Canada / Guitar building

Just a quick update.

Yesterday morning early Maggie drove Duncan to the airport.  He flew out to Montreal and met his Grandmother and cousin, and now they are on their way to Florida for the week.  Lucky guy!  They are going to visit LEGOland, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and NASA.  I'm sure he'll have lots of great stories to tell when he returns.

Yesterday I also resumed rehearsals for our second performance of the Luther Mass, which happens on Saturday in the Dominican Church in Brussels.  It's a lovely place and one can hear the instruments very clearly, which is a change from the last performance space in Leuven.  I will sing the Christmas Oratorio in this church on the 8th of December, so it's good to get acquainted with it now.

Today I will go into Brussels on the bus and resume work on my Zadowcaster, and also take in the SG to see what Ben has to say about it.  I hope to have some new photos soon!  For now I will post the headstock decals that I had made.



Malcolm's has a serial number of MORZ-002, which indicates his initials and that this is the second "Rosado" guitar made; his first was the cigar box banjo.  For me, I chose MGR-443 as my serial number.  For those who own the 2000 Moses Gillespie Redemption album "Roots Blues and Cowboy Songs" MGR442 is its catalogue number.  It's only natural that this guitar be numbered next...

Maggie leaves early tomorrow morning to go to the airport for her week at Skootamatta, and I have my performance.  Then on Sunday morning I will run the 28 km trail run in the Foret des Soignes, with Lawrence as my partner.  I really hope that there is no return of the right knee tendonitis that has been dogging me for the last couple of weeks.  On Sunday I ran an 8km with Maggie here in Wavre, and then did a 6:05 min/km run of 17.2km run with Lawrence in the forest, without any pain, so I have my fingers (and toes) crossed that I will be ok.  I hope that my regime of lots of stretching before and after, application of ice, some anti-inflammatory gel on the knee, and an easy pace will help.  Also I am using some straps that limit the movement of the patella and the outside tendon, much like those forearm straps that people wear when they have tennis elbow, and that seems to help.

No comments: