We ran the show in something close to its entirety yesterday and it seems that we've caught up from losing a day of rehearsal. But on this day off I still have to devote some time to pacing it out and reviewing those things that didn't go as planned in the run. Fortunately we still have eight days until opening night so we should be ok. I am feeling a bit under the weather with a sore throat and a sniffly nose but am hoping that is just fatigue, easily cured by an early night and a good long sleep. I find that I am usually too wired to go to bed immediately after our evening rehearsals end at 22:30, so tonight I want to get to sleep early.
This morning I went to the pool and was very pleased to discover an empty fast lane. This almost never happens in Brussels, and they frustratingly don't sort swimmers by speed, so that means front crawl swimmers have to share with sunday drivers like 'The Frogman' and 'Grandma Backstroke'. But today I was alone, and it felt great. I was inspired to work a little on form, and tweaked my head and leading arm position a bit for better hydrodynamics; it meant that I swam what was I'm sure is a personal best: 3km in 59:57 minutes!
This afternoon I expect to do my music and text review and then if the weather stays clear, to get out the chainsaw and cut up a few of the logs across the street that were too large for me to move myself, and then drag these smaller pieces to the driveway. Then I will shop for dinner. It's a bit of a bummer being alone for meals but there's a chance that we'll have a dinner or maybe a brunch on Monday, our next day off.
Friday April 20
I slept about ten hours last night but still am feeling sniffly and head-achy. I think it is maybe a cold, but my voice does feel a bit better for the rest. I'll do the same long sleep tonight if I can. Fortunately I have a week to get over it before we open, and also fortunately there is nothing particularly difficult technically to sing in this show, so I will be ok. Now I have to practice my dance steps and get ready for this afternoon's rehearsal at 3:00pm...
Friday April 20
I slept about ten hours last night but still am feeling sniffly and head-achy. I think it is maybe a cold, but my voice does feel a bit better for the rest. I'll do the same long sleep tonight if I can. Fortunately I have a week to get over it before we open, and also fortunately there is nothing particularly difficult technically to sing in this show, so I will be ok. Now I have to practice my dance steps and get ready for this afternoon's rehearsal at 3:00pm...
No comments:
Post a Comment