I'm doing fine, lots of good things to write about, but I think I'll leave those for another moment and just share something that I wrote earlier today on Facebook. I realise that not all of the people who might be interested in our goings-on have Facebook accounts, or perhaps they don't regularly consult them. If you have already seen this little video then please forgive me for duplicate posting... and "Happy Canada Day" to you all.
(from fb)
--
Here is a beautifully made video that showcases a few of the many important links between Belgium and Canada. Hosted by his Excellency Olivier Nicoloff, it starts with a showing of some of Belgo-Canadian Patricia Steenhuis's collection of beautiful indigenous art, seen at her home studio in Oostende. The video celebration continues with discussion of our shared history, and the many links - cultural, economic, philosophical, artistic - that persist between our two countries.
At the end of the video celebration, my colleague and friend Marie-Claude Roy and I are very pleased to perform the National Anthems of Belgium and Canada, recorded live from her studio in Brussels...
No comments:
Post a Comment