I am happy to report that things are getting back to normal...
My second COVID test on a week ago Monday came back late on Wednesday, so I was cleared to go in and do some voice lessons on Thursday. I had only a couple of students but they were really good ones so that was energising.
Last week we had workers in from Wednesday onwards... they finally finished the last little bits by Saturday. Here are some photos.
We are loving the new windows and doors and have already noticed a big difference in heat retention in the living and dining rooms. We have to be quite careful not to load the woodstove too heavily as it actually verges on being too warm in the living room, now that the drafts have been eliminated.
Since resuming teaching voice lessons, I have added another student to bring my total to eleven, and there might be a twelfth, which on top of my "Grease" work is quite demanding. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I now have five students: two at midday and three after school. As we get closer to the performances there will be additional rehearsals added, so I am going to have to reschedule some of the afternoon lessons. But I am glad to have the students, because compared to 2019, 2020-2021 is shaping up to be a year with very little singing work (and therefore also very little income). To compare, in 2019 I had twenty-four performances, in six different countries. Not this year!
That's about all that I have time for writing at the moment... stay healthy and stay safe!
Since resuming teaching voice lessons, I have added another student to bring my total to eleven, and there might be a twelfth, which on top of my "Grease" work is quite demanding. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I now have five students: two at midday and three after school. As we get closer to the performances there will be additional rehearsals added, so I am going to have to reschedule some of the afternoon lessons. But I am glad to have the students, because compared to 2019, 2020-2021 is shaping up to be a year with very little singing work (and therefore also very little income). To compare, in 2019 I had twenty-four performances, in six different countries. Not this year!
That's about all that I have time for writing at the moment... stay healthy and stay safe!






No comments:
Post a Comment