We’re settled in for the evening in a beautiful little campground near Bayeux that I would heartily recommend. It’s in a very quiet sunny and breezy place surrounded by farmlands, with a public walking/running trail nearby. The proprietor is a very pleasant guy who runs a transport business, but started this campground a few years ago. The price is reasonable (30 EU for the night for two people, a dog, a tent, access to the showers and toilets and washing up facilities). 15 minutes from Bayeux makes it a bargain: Camping Aire Naturelle d’Agy - Bayeux.
I must say that we are one of only two of about seven residents who are tenting; the rest are in VW camper vans with trail bikes on the back, so there must be good cycling nearby.
Here are some photos of today:
Tomorrow we have a longer drive; I’m going to try to see the Bayeux tapestry early while Maggie looks after Yoshi, and then head down to La Rochelle, where we’ve reserved a campsite at the Dunes on the Île de Ré… That’s a good 500 km from here so we’ll see how that unfolds…








No comments:
Post a Comment