Monday, 22 September 2008

Dress rehearsal tonight.

We are nearly ready... we spent the last couple of days in the theatre, and the set looks fantastic.  The orchestra sounds good and people are singing well, adjusting to the full set, and coping well with the costumes, although it looks as if the mens' evening dress for Act III (The "masked ball" of the title) is late.  Hopefully it will arrive before our dress this evening.  The opera house looks fantastic, and the sound in there is understandably live when empty, which of course will change with the addition of an audience.

In a few minutes I'll be heading over to the theatre to get some makeup/wig work done, and then we are running the first two acts.  Tonight I hope we get through the whole thing, that would be nice!

Maggie and the boys are good.  She hasn't blogged anything for a couple of weeks, but I assume that is just because she's been so busy.  I'm really looking forward to this show opening, but even more (to be honest) to getting home.

Talk to you later!


No comments: