Monday, 29 September 2008

Leaving Cork for Limerick


Well this is it, last night in Cork.  It's been a great time here, and getting to know the city and the people has been fun.  I did a little last-minute shopping for loved ones today, and picked up some goodies from the Murphy's brewery for Jean and Chantal's pub back in Glons.  The marketing manager from the brewery was very nice and assembled a little bag with some pens, bar towels, beer glasses, a t-shirt, and so on, so there will be lots of mementos from my stay here to further decorate the best Irish pub in the Maas river valley.

Then I had a coaching with Ciara, working through both the Rossini Figaro and the Gounod Valentin arias, which are feeling fine; I'm hoping to audition with these so I want to keep them in the voice.  We were working in the Cork School of Music, which is a beautiful very new building with lots of rehearsal studios with mirrors and grand pianos... lots of natural light, it's quite an impressive building.

This evening we reblocked the show for the University College Concert Hall in Limerick, which will see a reduced set.  This is only really a problem for the larger numbers with Chorus, so we had to walk through those numbers tonight.  Now it's off to the apartment to pack things up, do a last laundry and give things a once-over before tomorrow morning, when we get on the bus to Limerick; I'm flying out directly from Shannon the day after the show, so won't be back here again for who knows how long.

Bye Cork!  It's been smooth, like!

No comments: