Sunday, 10 May 2009

Good concert

It's almost 10pm, I'm having a little drink now after the kids have gone to sleep and Maggie is reading, and we are getting ready to go to bed ourselves.

The concert went very well. A big choir, maybe 100 voices, and a nice sized orchestra; they all played and sang extremely well. Very good soloists (I haven't heard much German recitative before so I was watching the other soloists closely and taking mental notes) and a conductor who was so easy to follow, and the audience was extremely appreciative. I did my parts without incident and the conductor was pleased with my delivery. The other conductor (of the visiting German choir from Hanover) complimented me on my voice and gave me his card, so I can audition for him sometime; I haven't sung anything in Germany yet and it would be nice to do so. As well the soprano (from Switzerland) gave me the name of her Paris agent, and suggested that I look him up when I'm there next to arrange an audition. One never knows where the next contact will come from.

It was good to be singing again.

Tomorrow Duncan is off to a week with his class at Nettine. Quite the thing, sending a six-year old off for a week alone, but I think he'll be fine, that's how they do things here. He'll have all his school mates so it should be no problem. Maggie has his bag all packed, and he's wiggly with excitement. We're not too worried; he's such a confident little guy I'm sure it will go just fine.

That's it... early to bed, because tomorrow morning at 10:00 I coach with Peter Tomek in preparation for my Lyon audition next Thursday.

Have a good week!

No comments: