Tuesday, 16 June 2009

a little jet-lagged...

... but recovering. Maggie left early yesterday morning and so far things are going fine. I had such a whirlwind of a trip to Canada, logging lots of road time, working steadily, and visiting a few people; I had almost no time to myself. Yesterday and today I've been making up for that while the kids are at school.

Malcolm has been doing extremely well on his end-of-year tests; I don't think he's scored lower than 80% on any of them, and he had one mark that was stellar, like 29/30 on his spelling test. Today was fractions, and we'll find out how geometry went yesterday. As a reward for the two solid weeks of tests they are going on Friday to Boulogne-sur-mer in France, to spend the day at the seaside. I hope the weather is nice!

Duncan on the other hand has some hearing troubles and a bit of a cough, so it would seem that he's suffering from a head cold. Still, he's been rehearsing with the choir all this spring, and they perform on this Sunday the 21st in the afternoon. He seems to be liking it very much.

I have a number of little errands to do but none that are urgent, apart from getting some aphid soap for the rose bush (see below) and looking for something nice for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll wait until Malcolm gets home and we'll do that together.


I haven't heard anything from Maggie, so I hope things are going well... she blogged recently about report card writing, and how that was keeping her busy, so I expect that now that those are finished, she'll have some stories to tell about her trip to Holland, and some photos to back it up.

Next up for me is to get some discs in the mail, and to secure a pianist for some auditions that I have coming. I coached my repertoire with Don T when I was in Canada, so I'm feeling pretty good about the work we did, and am eager to try out those pieces in an audition.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: