Thursday, 14 January 2010

BL!NDMAN in Antwerp

The show tonight went very well, I think for two reasons. First, the acoustic was fantastic in deSingel, so that the intimacy between the performers and the audience was much stronger. Secondly as a group we had kicked off any tense feelings or nerves from the first performance, and it was much more relaxed... this was also felt by the audience, and the critical reception was very encouraging for our director, Eric.

The last show this month is at the Kaaitheatre in Brussels, so it will be my first Brussels performance since moving here in 2007, can you believe it? I've sung several times in Antwerp, and now in Bruges also, but for Brussels it's a premiere. Meanwhile I am now arranging rehearsals for the Vaughan Williams concert on the 24th, and working through some repertoire for February.

Lots to keep me out of trouble these days,
Cheers,
Matthew

No comments: