Saturday, 15 October 2011

Waffling in the dressing room

Well, I guess it's a tradition that you get some food in the dressing room between the 'raccord' or tune-up and the performance. Here in Belgium that also includes some gaufres or waffles! Yum...

We had another working rehearsal of Duchesse yesterday, our last one with all the soloists before the generale on thursday evening. I'm really looking forward to performing with these people, they are really nice, and Stijn our conductor has a great sense of music and of humour, so we're all really making music together. The charm of Offenbach makes itself clearer to me every day, and so I'm very happy.

Yesterday was Maggie's birthday so we celebrated it in style... No photos today but trust me she was pleased with the mediterranean roast lamb, potatoes and spinach, Mercier champagne and a homemade carrot cake to finish.

So now Messiah. It will be great to sing this piece with Catherine at the Brussels Conservatoire tonight, and especially the second time tomorrow, which will be the first anniversary of the death of Monsieur Pierre Fleta, himself a well respected professor at the Liege Conservatoire for many years, as well as a beautiful tenor and Artistic Director of the Opera Royale de Wallonie. I'm thinking of him this weekend, and of his family still in living in Paris, and hope I commemorate him well...

No comments: