It's Hallowe'en tonight and it seems as if the boys will miss the candy extortion this year. There is an annual cortège that involves the streets around our house, but the 31st October always coincides with a week of school vacation, so frequently people are away for the actual day.
Maggie, her parents and the boys are off on their trip... Apart from some text messages yesterday I haven't heard what they are up to or when they will return. I think they are visiting Dieppe at the moment; if so they are fortunate to have nice weather, sunshine and temperatures in the low double digits.
The staging is proceeding; I would inagine that by the end of day today we will have finished the group scenes, and after that I suppose we will simply run the opera. As I may have mentioned, this staging of Traviata is an updated one, so Violetta and her fellow sex workers are brought in from Eastern Europe on container ships, and instead of 19th-century Parisian salon parties we have Dominique Strauss-Kahn and Silvio Berlusconi "Bunga Bunga"-type activites. It's definitely an adult themed Traviata, so I think the boys will stay home for this one.
Tonight the opera is holding their annual staff party at the comic book museum, so as I am flying solo I think I will go and have a drink and a bite.
The audition in Liège went reasonably well on monday past. I have a good idea now about what worked best, having rearranged my audition arias recently, and feel in good shape for the next auditions.
We resume our Nozze di Figaro rehearsals on Sunday, in preparation for the performance in Lommel on the 10th, so I will have a little break from Traviata.
Happy Hallowe'en!
No comments:
Post a Comment