Tuesday, 16 January 2018

Some more photos


I was taking some photos of the attic today and realised that I had a number of photographs still on my Fuji camera that I had not yet imported that I wanted to share with you.

Here are a couple more Christmas shots and some photos of the attic taken this morning.  No flash, no lights on upstairs, but you can see already that there is a lot of light now, coming from many different directions. It's going to be a really lovely space, once the drywall is up.

Today I am going to remove the last few bits of plaster, and then use steel bristle brushes to try to clean the powdery debris off the brick.  It is extremely soft and crumbly, and so muratic acid will be too strong; instead I'm just going to use a standard all-purpose cleaner to finish it up, and then I'll seal it with a matte transparent waterproofing liquid.

Maggie and Malcolm sewing together in the back verandah.

The piano candelabra in our front hallway, lit up for our Christmas celebration

The south side (street) of the attic at around 11h today.  You can see that I've already cleaned off the wall in the foreground and the wall to the left in this photo.  The large skylight is just visible in the upper left corner, and the smaller one is near the far wall; it will serve to illuminate the staircase.  Even without any electric lights it's already a very luminous space.

The view from the northwest corner of the attic, looking east into Maggie's planned sewing room.  The are where I am standing to take the photo will likely be made up as a storage or desk area, probably with a guest bed for occasional use.

Another photo from the same location.  You can see that the light is coming from many different directions, which is great if one is doing embroidery or sewing work.

The reverse view of that smaller "third" room with a small skylight to the right opening onto the garden, and the wall of the staircase to the left.

No comments: