Spring has apparently sprung, and the grass has riz... Here in Wavre it's obvious that the season is changing when you walk out the front door of our house, and stand among the blooming crocuses that Malcolm and I planted as bulbs last autumn. The early bees are out and buzzing around, which is really nice to see.
Today was a very eventful day, and I managed to check off lots of home reno stuff. Our cabinetmaker neighbour Christopher has been nice enough to offer his VAT number for our purchase of any material required for our renovations, so that we pay a lower rate of tax for the materials (6% for an entreprise vs. 21% for a simple consumer). At his advice I went up to the CIPAC store and priced out some items of insulation for the attic...
As it was an anniversary of the founding of the enterprise here in Wavre, of course, there was in the middle of the professional building supply store a big buffet with omelettes a volonté, and many other delicious items provided gratuit for the clients.
I'm really grateful to Christophe, and bought a better respirator mask, some filters, a good pair of goggles, and some fire retardant spray foam to help close up the holes in the floors. All in all, a very good experience with this supplier, and I hope to go make use of their products again soon, when I buy the insulation and vapour barrier for the attic...



No comments:
Post a Comment