Antwerp TV's coverage
Flemish Radio Television's coverage
... and a photo:
We had a very nice visit with their Majesties in the side chapel after the concert. After I introduced myself as a Canadian, Queen Mathilde was very complimentary about Canada and spoke about their recent visit there. Both monarchs spoke about visiting Toronto, and how cold it was...
The King knows his classical music: he said that "Erbarme dich", the alto solo from the Matthäuspassion is his favourite piece. He also told me that while they always preferred the Matthäuspassion over the Johannespassion, the way that we made the text come to life last night made him understand the Johannespassion for the first time, which is a very great compliment. Both King and Queen wanted to know when deChorale will perform the Matthäuspassion next (it will be in 2020) and asked to be invited to one of those performances. So I am hoping that I am also invited to take part in that again.
It was quite a thrill for me to have the chance to perform in front of such distinguished guests, and it's something I never would have dreamed of doing in a million years when I started to study singing. Also I am a little bit pleased by the fact that in the photograph above, there are only two gentlemen wearing idiosyncratically folded handkerchiefs in their breast pockets. One of them is the King of Belgium...
The King knows his classical music: he said that "Erbarme dich", the alto solo from the Matthäuspassion is his favourite piece. He also told me that while they always preferred the Matthäuspassion over the Johannespassion, the way that we made the text come to life last night made him understand the Johannespassion for the first time, which is a very great compliment. Both King and Queen wanted to know when deChorale will perform the Matthäuspassion next (it will be in 2020) and asked to be invited to one of those performances. So I am hoping that I am also invited to take part in that again.
It was quite a thrill for me to have the chance to perform in front of such distinguished guests, and it's something I never would have dreamed of doing in a million years when I started to study singing. Also I am a little bit pleased by the fact that in the photograph above, there are only two gentlemen wearing idiosyncratically folded handkerchiefs in their breast pockets. One of them is the King of Belgium...

No comments:
Post a Comment