Friday, 24 May 2019

Lightning trip to Belleville to meet with my cousin Thom and his wife Krista


Yesterday I had an early start and drove to Belleville to meet my cousin Thom and his wife Krista. They live in Calgary and rarely make it to Ontario, but were in the province to pay a visit to Thom's mother in Brockville, and used the opportunity to make a little tour to visit with family members in the area.


We had a delicious breakfast that my parents provided.  I last saw Thom and Krista two years ago when I was in Calgary to audition, and although Thom and I do keep in touch through fb messenger, but it was nice to see them in person.

After they left for Brockville, I had a consultation with my dad, who gave me some construction advice; I am demolishing the old privacy fences in Bruce's backyard and will be extending the decking boards so that he gets perhaps another five square metres of space.  As well the steps down from the deck are dangerous, as they are not of consistent height, and so I'm going to be rebuilding those as well.  I'll post some before and after pictures when it's done...

No comments: