No photos yet from the concert but I am content with what we produced. For me, I look at any musical work with a critical eye, and with the help of my support team, I come up with a plan to try to deliver the most emotionally affecting performance I can, with a number of strategies that will help mitigate the technical challenges each piece presents. If I can actually deliver on most of the strategies that I've worked out ahead of time with coaches and through my own research, then I feel that the performance was a success. Certainly there are places that I can improve but on the whole it was really quite a good concert. The choir was very well-prepared and the other soloists also.
My cousins-in-law Nancy and Margaret McNee had never seen me sing before. They were voluble with their praise, and congratulated me with a lovely dinner out at a nearby Italian restaurant, which makes me grateful on both accounts. It was again exceptionally nice to have a friendly face or two in the crowd...
No comments:
Post a Comment