Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Brahms is over... for now.

The concert went quite well according to those in attendance. The choir was extremely well prepared, so much so that they really performed their parts emotionally rather than just singing them, and the orchestra was very responsive to Brad's conducting. It was a great pleasure to sing the Brahms' Requiem again...

...but it would seem that it won't be the last time! I just heard from the Kingston Symphony that they are doing the Brahms on November 22nd, 2009, and Glen Fast would like me to perform the baritone solo. That will mean that I'll be back in Canada in late November to do the Brahms, the Christmas Oratorio, and possibly the Messiah as well. Busy! I need to keep working hard to generate the same kind of close association of concerts/auditions in France, the Netherlands and Belgium.

Maggie and I are here in Toronto for a couple of days but the schedule is already packed. I work with my opera coach in a few minutes, and then we are off to dinner with family. Same thing tomorrow afternoon, with some essential appointments (drugstore etc.) in between. I hope to get in a swim or two while I'm here as well.

The boys are with my parents and enjoying themselves immensely. Grandma and Grandma purchased a Wii yesterday so I'm sure they'll be busy checking that out. Tomorrow evening they come down to Toronto as well to see the Sound of Music, and we hope to have some visits with their friends during the short time they are here.

No comments: