I'm home and starting to get over my jet lag, finally. This time has really been horrible, I guess because of the furious pace of activity while I was in Canada, and the length of time of the trip. Since returning on wednesday morning, I've been prone to insomnia, strangely intense hunger pangs at odd times of day and night, wild temperature fluctuations and intense fatigue in the evenings. It seems that the worst is over, since I slept through the last two nights.
This morning I received some presents from the boys (including this nice watercolour from Duncan) since the Belgians celebrate Father's Day a week earlier than Canadians do. No special breakfast for me today but I have another chance next week.
Tomorrow is the Pentecost holiday so everyone will be home. Malcolm and Duncan will be preparing for their departmental exams, and Maggie will be packing to leave on Tuesday for her Classe de plein air in Arnhem, Netherlands, during which I will play solo parent for just a couple of days.
The weather here is glorious, if a little cool. We are planning a roast lamb dish for dinner, so I must nip out to the market before we leave for church. Happy sunday!
Sunday, 12 June 2011
Fête des Pères
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment