Monday, 6 June 2011

Packing up

Tomorrow I fly back to Canada. It has been a whirlwind tour here, I can't quite believe all the stuff I've got done professionally on this trip.

My fourth performance and our last Schubert recital of the current tour went very, very well on Saturday evening. The audience was extremely appreciative, and Dina and I were able to instinctively do a lot of new and different creative things in this more intimate setting... this kind of recital programme feels so comfortable I have every confidence that now that we have it in our bones, she and I could simply perform it at the drop of a hat. Dina's talent, and the rapport that I feel with her means that I never worry in the slightest about doing something different, if I am suddenly inspired in the moment; I know she will be with me all the way.

In addition to our next March 2012 performance in Waterloo, there are a couple more performances currently being discussed, so I am happy that I won't be putting the cycle to bed anytime soon.

Maggie continues to send me shopping requests; I'm going to need another suitcase to get all this stuff onto the plane! I'd better get that shopping done, time is running out. Cheers!

1 comment:

Matthew Zadow said...

Oops. I'm already IN Canada; it's Brussels I'm flying back to. Traveler's confusion!