Saturday, 23 July 2011

Open air cinema

Last night we attended the Postira seaside film festival which was held near the church. The films were from Germany, France, Czech Republic, Estonia, Australia, Bulgaria, Ireland, Romania and Belgium, and they were a bit psychological in tone for the kids. We didn't stay for the whole thing but left after the Irish one called "Pentecost", about a rather stubborn eleven-year-old altar-boy with a passion for football. Lots of fun, and it made us nostalgic for the Endean Avenue cinema nights of old.

Last night we took a break from fish and seafood, and grilled some lamb that I had marinated in local rosemary, olive oil, honey, pepper, cumin and balsamic. Olive oil is pretty inexpensive here and quite good, so we're cooking with it quite a bit. I really like the wood BBQ setup here, it's quick and so flavourful a cooking method that I would love to have the same BBQ at home... too bad we don't quite have the space at the moment.

No comments: